- fuck google chrome all my homies hate google chrome
- tor - anonymous browser and entrance to the dark web. do research on the project and its network before trying to use it so you know what you're getting into.
- mozilla firefox - better than chrome (especially regarding customization) but needs to be privacy hardened.
- icecat - fork of firefox for gnu/linux operating systems.
- librewolf - fork of firefox
- pale moon - originally a fork of an older version of firefox, but has since created its own engine. needs to be hardened. the dev is also kind of shitty for some fuckin reason.
- ungoogled chromium - chrome sans google integration. pick this if you prefer chrome's functionality and feel.
- iridium - needs to be hardened.
- dothq - based in gecko
- otter browser - aesthetic successor to opera 12
- badwolf - minimalist browser for gnu/linux
- browsh - minimalist text-based browser
- bromite - chromium fork for android
extensions & customization
- umatrix - filter network requests according to source, destination and type. makes a lot of extensions redundant but it's for advanced users only.
- ublock origin - adblocker. use can you block it? and adblock tester to make sure it's working correctly.
- decentraleyes or localcdn - prevents websites from doing content delivery through third-parties
- vimium - adds keyboard-based navigation to browsers that do not natively allow it.
- firefox containers - keep cookies isolated, in different tabs. this means you can, for example, have multiple accounts for one site open in one firefox window.
- sponsorblock - automatically skip annoying segments in youtube videos
- clearurls - remove tracking elements from links
- image search options - instantly reverse search images
- canvasblocker - blocks fingerprinting apis
- user agent switcher - trick webpages into thinking you're using a different browser/client
- redirector - create links to automatically redirect to after clicking on a specific url
- privacy redirect - automatically redirects twitter, insta, etc. to private frontends
- i don't care about cookies - gets rid of cookie popups
- /r/firefoxcss - customize firefox's UI beyond themes
userscripts & userstyles
- violentmonkey - userscript manager
- stylus - userstyles manager
- greasyfork - userscript library
- USO archive - userstyles.org archive & mirror
- userstyles.world - userstyle library
- image max url - helps you find largest versions of a photo or video for currently ~7700 hardcoded websites (using ~4400 rules), but it supports a number of generic engines, which means it can in theory work for almost any website.
- direct download from google play - adds 5 download buttons (apk-dl, apkpure, apkcombo, apkmirror, and evozi) to the play store, allowing a user to download apps without a phone or a google account.
- adsbypasser - skip link shorteners and countdown pages
- openload - skip link shorteners and countdown pages
- anti-adblock killer - keeps your adblock active when on a site that wants you to disable it.
- fuck fuckadblock - fork of anti-adblock killer. blocks popups and other crap that wants you to disable your adblocker.
- 4chan X + oneechan - adds features to 4chan
every search engine that isn't google sucks ass so good fucking luck lol
- searx - decentralized proxy for other search engines
- startpage - google proxy. partially owned by an advertising company (system1).
- metager - bing proxy based in germany
- qwant - based in france
- duckduckgo - claims to be privacy-focused but is based in the US and isn't fully open source. cringe lol
return to index